- 1 What was the high temperature in Syracuse today?
- 2 What was the high temperature in Syracuse yesterday?
- 3 What part of New York is Syracuse in?
- 4 Is there snow on the ground in Syracuse?
- 5 Is Syracuse a good place to live?
- 6 What is the snowiest city on earth?
- 7 What is Syracuse New York known for?
- 8 What food is Syracuse known for?
- 9 How dangerous is Syracuse NY?
What was the high temperature in Syracuse today?
High around 80F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
What was the high temperature in Syracuse yesterday?
High: 68ºf @5:15 AM Low: 64.4ºf @12:00 AM Approx. Precipitation / Rain Total: 0.003 in.
What part of New York is Syracuse in?
The Central New York (CNY) region is located in the Center of New York State and covers 3,582.28 square miles. CNY includes the Syracuse Metropolitan area located in Onondaga County, and also includes Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, and Oswego counties.
Is there snow on the ground in Syracuse?
For about two-thirds of winter days, Syracuse has at least an inch of snow on the ground.
Is Syracuse a good place to live?
U.S. News & World Report ranks Syracuse as one of the best places to live in the nation, thanks to quality of life, affordability, and lower crime rates than similarly sized metro areas.
What is the snowiest city on earth?
The snowiest city in the world, with an average of 26 feet — or eight meters — of snowfall every year, is Aomori City in Aomori Prefecture, Japan.
What is Syracuse New York known for?
It is the economic and educational hub of Central New York, a region with over one million inhabitants. Its airport is the largest in the region. Syracuse is home to Syracuse University, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry, and Le Moyne College.
What food is Syracuse known for?
10 Totally CNY Foods, Regional Dishes
- Spicy Hot Tomato Oil. Use this addicting oil as a condiment, bread dip or pasta sauce.
- Utica Greens. Find this regional fare in the appetizer section of many local menus.
- Tomato Pie.
- Hofmann hot dogs at Heid’s.
- Chicken Riggies.
- Salt Potatoes.
- Cornell Chicken.
- Half Moon Cookies.
How dangerous is Syracuse NY?
With a crime rate of 41 per one thousand residents, Syracuse has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.