- 1 What is there to do in Lafayette Louisiana this weekend?
- 2 What is there to do in Lafayette tonight?
- 3 Is Lafayette worth visiting?
- 4 What is Lafayette LA known for?
- 5 What is there to do in Lafayette at night?
- 6 Is Lafayette LA safe?
- 7 How far is Lafayette from the coast?
- 8 How is Lafayette pronounce?
- 9 What is there to do in Lake Charles this weekend?
- 10 What city is closest to New Orleans?
- 11 What city is comparable to New Orleans?
- 12 Is Baton Rouge nicer than New Orleans?
- 13 What’s the best city to live in Louisiana?
What is there to do in Lafayette Louisiana this weekend?
25 Best Things to Do in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum.
- Children’s Museum of Acadiana, Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Lafayette Science Museum.
- Avery Island.
- Champagne’s Cajun Swamp Tours.
- Cajun Food Tours, Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Acadian Cultural Center, Lafayette, Louisiana.
What is there to do in Lafayette tonight?
Unique Things to Do in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Visit Avery Island.
- Don’t Miss Jungle Gardens.
- Visit Delcambre & Buy Fresh Shrimp Straight Off The Boat.
- Explore Downtown and Eat Lafayette.
- Visit Vermilionville and Acadian Village.
- Dance to Live Music at an Acadiana Dancehall.
- Craft Beer.
Is Lafayette worth visiting?
Lafayette is the center of Cajun Country and would be worth a day trip from Baton Rouge, including visiting Avery Island where they make the famous Tabasco pepper sauce. We also love to eat at Cafe Des Amies in Breaux Bridge on the way to Lafayette.
What is Lafayette LA known for?
Steeped in traditional Cajun and Creole culture, Lafayette, Louisiana, is famous for its cuisine, traditional music and world-class festivals. Lafayette, often called “the Hub City” for its central role in the Gulf Coast’s oil and gas industry, is a vibrant, growing town with tons to offer visitors and residents.
What is there to do in Lafayette at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Lafayette, LA
- Wurst Biergarten Venue & Food Park. 2.2 mi. $$ Beer Gardens, Music Venues, Comedy Clubs.
- Escape Room Lafayette. 1.2 mi. Escape Games.
- Rock ‘n’ Bowl de Lafayette. 2.0 mi. $$ Bowling, Music Venues, Comfort Food.
- Premier Lanes. 2.2 mi.
- Parc International. 2.4 mi.
Is Lafayette LA safe?
Lafayette does not have a high crime rate, you can walk on any side of town and be safe. The north side does have some what of a higher crime rate, but it’s still relatively safe.
How far is Lafayette from the coast?
The city of Lafayette, LA is located in the center of Lafayette Parish at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 49 between New Orleans and Houston and only 35 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico.
How is Lafayette pronounce?
However, we noticed Berg said “Lafayette” two ways in our story, and we had to have her confirm the pronunciation. We checked back in with the mayor, who told us it’s in fact: LA – FEE- YETTE.
What is there to do in Lake Charles this weekend?
Plan your sightseeing around this friendly city with our list of the top attractions and things to do in Lake Charles.
- Creole Nature Trail & Adventure Point.
- Grosse Savanne Eco-Tours.
- Mardi Gras Museum.
- Sam Houston Jones State Park.
- Charpentier Historic District.
- USS Orleck Naval Museum.
- Lake Area Adventures.
- Millenium Park.
What city is closest to New Orleans?
Major cities near New Orleans, LA
- 75 miles to Baton Rouge, LA.
- 315 miles to Birmingham, AL.
- 317 miles to Houston, TX.
- 359 miles to Memphis, TN.
- 430 miles to Atlanta, GA.
- 443 miles to Garland, TX.
- 447 miles to Dallas, TX.
- 450 miles to Plano, TX.
What city is comparable to New Orleans?
Memphis is similar sized with New Orleans and also its known for its musical culture and is another river city on the Mississippi, and also deals with the same issues with its crime rate and inner city problems.
Is Baton Rouge nicer than New Orleans?
New Orleans, a liberal-leaning city, is the cultural gem of Louisiana known for some of the best food, music and art in the country. Baton Rouge, a more socially conservative place, is the seat of state government. Many residents take pride in what they see as a more business-oriented and family-friendly atmosphere.
What’s the best city to live in Louisiana?
New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, LaPlace Kenner and Shreveport are among the best places to live in Louisiana. Top industries in Louisiana include petroleum and natural gas production, tourism, filmmaking and seafood, especially crawfish.